Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scraps of Elegance February Reveal

Hi Everyone!

Today I am sharing a design team reveal layout for Scraps of Elegance with the gorgeous "Love Always" kit you can find it here.

 For this layout I really wanted to play with the Color Add On kit so I started out by adding a little ink to the background.  I then added a little modeling paste and some stamping.  Idid all the design and when everything was adhered I dry brushed the color on.  I used a little Gesso to tone things down a bit and then added a little more stamping. The big heart is by the Leaky Shed Studio.  I painted it with Silks and added some gesso and the flowers.  The lock and key are from my stash as well as the Thickers for the title and the wood flourishes which I painted with the Silks.  The Prima Angel was painted with Silks and the I rubbed it off with a baby wipe. The leafs were also highlighted with Silks.

I love adding that big pop of color and sparkle and the Silks in the Color Add on was perfect for this! The big open hearts are by the Leaky Shed Studio.  To alter them I  started out by painting them with the Pink Silks and then added the Distress Glitter.  When the Glitter was dry I adhered the stringed beads to the top of the hearts.
To Complete these projects I used the following Add On Kits
Color Add On - Silks
Embellishment Add On
 Floral Add On
 
I added a few additional items from my stash that did not come with the kits to finish these layouts. 
Wood Flourishes, Lock and Key. Lace, a few small flowers.

This Kit is simply gorgeous and you will love working with it!  You can find the "Love Always" kit  here. Be sure to check out our gallery for more beautiful inspiration from our design team!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Debbie

 
 

2 comments: